PUSD Special Education Foundation
MINI GRANT APPLICATION
2016 - 2017 School Year
To provide a funding mechanism for teachers to implement innovative educational projects and to support teachers with the educational tools and materials needed to educate children with special needs.
Funding will be distributed based on the following criteria:
- Impact skills of students
- Reach, projects that can be replicated
- Show innovation
- Relevance to student population.
2016-2017 Mini Grant Deadlines:
- October 14th, 2016
- March 1, 2017
Mini grant deadlines are subject to available funding. The program can be closed at any time due to funds being exhausted.
Scope: Up to $500 for educational tools needed for specific program implementation (Note : $500 must include tax and shipping)
Application Process and Timeline:
Please fill out the Grant Application form using the following guidelines:
- Applicant must be a teacher or DIS provider in the Poway Unified School District.
- ALL contact information should be filled out completely and all correspondence with applicant will be done through e-mail.
- Submit one copy of the proposal electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. You will receive a confirmation of receipt within 3 business days of your grant request with number assigned to your request. If you do not receive a confirmation in the stated time frame, PLEASE RESUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL or call and follow up.
b. You will need to refer to grant request number for all follow up communication.
Grant recipients will acknowledge the PUSDSEF in some way: posting it on their school site website, emailing their families, or post in school site newsletter.
- Subscriptions, conferences and tests will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Renewable curriculum subscriptions cannot be guaranteed and require new applications each year.
- Educational programs, materials and supplies must be for the benefit of current students.
- Funds will not be used for basic school supplies or equipment such as ink cartridges, paper, etc.
- First priority will be given to sites & staff who have not previously received grants.
- Recipients must be willing to share grant information at Biannual peer event and provide pictures and/or a short video containing grant awards to be posted on our social media sites.
- Grant materials become sole property of PUSD and must remain with the classroom/program that received the grant. The PUSD Special Education Foundation must approve any transfer. Software and computer apps MUST be registered to a powayusd.com e-mail address.
- Funding for iPads with iTunes gift cards require an itemized app list submitted with the Mini Grant application up to $50. Apps over $50 require a separate grant application. Technology requests must meet district guidelines.
- Please indicate if partial funding of the grant will prevent implementation.
- Personnel or hourly reimbursements will not be funded.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
- Teachers/educators may form a group of up to 3 to submit a group grant totaling $1500.